The Saskatchewan Genealogical Society (SGS) appreciates your financial support. It helps us in many areas:
- Developing programs, collections and research resources;
- Upgrading equipment and subscribing to relevant resources; and
- Providing and maintaining a comfortable facility for our members and the public.
In turn you receive:
- A tax receipt for the full amount of your donation of $10.00 or more for income tax purposes;
- The satisfaction of knowing that your donation will be put directly towards furthering the goals of the society; and,
- Our sincere thanks!
There are two ways you can donate. You can:
- Download our Donation Form and send us a cheque in the mail or drop it off, or
- Donate online by clicking on the Donate button below. Please keep in mind that while we are happy to offer this convenient option to those wishing to support SGS with a donation, it does cost us 2.9% + 30¢ of your money to process it this way. By clicking the Donate button, you will be taken to the PayPal website, where you can enter your donation amount in a secure environment. You do not have to have a PayPal account to use this option, just a credit card. SGS does not receive any of your personal credit card information from this transaction. If you do already have a PayPal account then you will have less information to enter as it is already stored in the PayPal system. If you wish to direct your donation to a specific area, initiative or program you will be given the opportunity to do so when you are reviewing your transaction. Otherwise your donation will be directed to where it is most needed.
Please speak to your financial planner, lawyer or insurance agent and/or accountant to find out how you can help the Saskatchewan Genealogical Society. They can provide information on the benefits of charitable donations for the following:
- Planned Giving (such as Will bequests or Life Insurance policies)
- Memorial Donations
- Corporate Donations
- Monthly, Quarterly or Yearly personal donations
The Saskatchewan Genealogical Society is a registered charity. Tax receipts are issued for donations of $10.00 or more.