Got some free time on your hands? SGS is only as strong as its members and volunteers.
As we move to a more virtual way of doing our research, our meetings, our presentations and workshops, and strive to get more and more records online, your help is more important now than ever! We need volunteers for the following positions/tasks:
- SRI Coordinator – SRI Co-ordinator works closely with the Executive Assistant and maintains a record of recorded and non-recorded documents, seeks and co-ordinates volunteers for the program and provides an update for the Annual Report. The Coordinator liaises between SGS and program volunteers, promotes the SRI program; and develops contacts with local authorities as necessary. This role can be fulfilled from home or in the SGS library and the time requirement can be varied to your availability.
- United Church records project – Volunteers are need for this Fall to help with the project to index the United Church records. The project was originally being done in Saskatoon, but will resume will resume again the Fall when the Provincial Archives of Saskatchewan is settled in their new location in Regina. You will only be able to work on this project at the Provincial Archives of Saskatchewan in Regina.
- Online Learning Coordinator – Coordination of the development and delivery of online learning opportunities for SGS members. This includes transitioning existing workshops to online, seeking and coordinating topics and presenters for webinars and presentations, scheduling, etc.
- Virtual Presenters – Do you have a knowledge, skills or experience you would like to share with members?
- General Indexing – This can be done from your home and can be tailored to your skills and interests.
- Cemetery Program – Volunteers are required to update cemeteries that were previously recorded as well as record cemeteries that have not been recorded. Recording forms and easy to follow instructions are available.
If you have any questions about any of the above please contact Lisa or Deanne at 306-787-9207 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.