SGS Heritage Award
CRITERIA FOR HERITAGE AWARD
Who is eligible?
- Candidates must be a resident or former resident of Saskatchewan.
- Candidates must be a current member of SGS and a volunteer for a minimum period of five years.
- Candidates must have given of their time, talent and energy for the support and preservation of family history and genealogy in Saskatchewan.
- Candidates must have undertaken activities on a strictly volunteer basis and not paid in the form of salary or honoraria.
Who can make nominations?
- Any SGS member may nominate or sponsor a candidate for consideration. Sponsors may not nominate themselves or family members.
- Sponsors may only nominate one candidate per year.
- Two letters of support are required for each candidate.
How do I nominate a candidate?
- One sponsor is required for each candidate.
Nomination must include:
- A fully completed SGS nomination form.
This must include a full detailed description of candidate that describe volunteers activities and why this is of value to the field of genealogy and family history.
- Two letters of support by people other than the sponsor, that describes candidates’ volunteer’s activities and why this is of value to the field of genealogy and family history.
Note: Documents will not be returned and letters of support from candidate cannot be accepted.
Deadline March 20, 2024
Please submit the nomination to:
Saskatchewan Genealogical Society
PO Box 1894
Regina, Saskatchewan S4P 3E1