* with the exception of Institutional – Subscription members who will receive the Bulletin only.
Please note that receipts for income tax purposes are no longer provided for SGS memberships.
Membership Fees (2023)
SGS Membership is based on a calendar year from January to December.
½ year memberships are January through June and July through December only.
|Membership Category||Fees||Please note:|
|Basic||full year||$70||Yearly membership is based on calendar year.|
|half year||$40||½ year memberships are January through June and July through December only.|
|Youth (21 years of age and under)||$35||Proof of age may be required|
|Institutional – Subscription (Bulletin Only)||$55|
|Institutional – Full Access (up to 5 staff members only; no public access)||$250||Signed agreements required; please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 306-780-9207|
|Day Pass||$10||24-hour access for non-members; more information is available at Day Pass|
SGS members can take advantage of a $5.00 discount on a yearly membership with the Ontario Genealogical Society, Manitoba Genealogical Society or British Columbia Genealogical Society. Members of those organizations can also receive a $5.00 discount on an SGS membership. Please contact our office for more information.
Join a SGS Branch – SGS has 10 branches throughout the province. SGS members are welcome to join a branch when purchasing or renewing an SGS membership.
More information on the branches and their locations, contacts, and meeting schedules are located under the About Us tab.
Please note you MUST be an SGS member to join an SGS branch.
Become a Member/Renew Membership
You can purchase a membership or renew your membership using one of the following methods:
- Online – Complete the Membership Form 2023 (click here to open) and submit it. You will then be taken to a PayPal website for payment. You do not require a PayPal account to use this option, just a credit card. Please note that if you are purchasing your membership online after business hours or on the weekend, your membership will be activated the next business day.
- Mail – If you would like to print off a membership form and mail it in with a cheque payable to SGS, click here.
- Telephone – Please call 306-780-9207 and have your credit card handy.
- In Person – Drop in to Room 110, 1514 – 11th Avenue in Regina, Saskatchewan. Our Library/Research Room hours are from 10:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Monday to Friday. In addition to statutory holidays we are closed every 3rd Monday, so please check Library Hours for a list of closures.
- Day Pass
Members’ Interests – If you have a current SGS membership and would like your interests, e-mail address, and/or snail-mail addresses indexed on our website, email the details to email@example.com.