Saskatchewan Genealogical Society (SGS) offers a Day Pass to non-members to access our online databases. The Day Pass can be used in our library or remotely from your home.
The Day Pass is for 24 hours and the fee is $10. Day passes are available Monday to Friday. Payment is by cash, cheque or credit card.
Online payment by credit card can be made by completing a Membership Form (select Day Pass as Membership Type) and submit the form. It will then take you to a PayPal website for payment. You do not require a PayPal account to use this option, just a credit card. Please note that after-hours and weekend purchases will not be activated until the next business day. You can also make credit card payments by calling 306-780-9207.
Once payment is received you will receive a membership number. Using the membership number along with a username that you create yourself, you will then register on our website to use the databases. You will receive an email advising you when your access has been granted. You will then have 24 hours to use the databases after which your access will be removed.
SGS Online Databases:
The following databases are available once your Day Pass has been activated:
- Saskatchewan Residents Index (SRI) – an index of over 3.3 million names of former and present residents within Saskatchewan. The names have been extracted from local history books and other Saskatchewan resources such as Henderson Directories, cemetery files, census records, school year books, etc. The SRI contains name, location and source information – a valuable tool for the researcher. This is an ongoing project that is done by volunteers.
- Burial Index – an index of burial information individuals buried in Saskatchewan. Information includes name, spouse, parents, location, cemetery name, Rural Municipality, headstone information and photo when available. The records to these cemeteries are located in our library and can be accessed there. This is also an ongoing project that is done by volunteers.
- Obituary Index – an index of information from Saskatchewan obituaries include name, spouse’s name, parents’ names, age, date of birth, date of death, date of burial, location, other family, and children. This is also an ongoing project that is done by volunteers.
- Cummins Maps – Cummins Maps contain the name and location of individuals living in Saskatchewan during the 1920s. Maps have been digitized for easy viewing.
- Change of Name Index – is an index of individuals who changed their names and are listed in the Saskatchewan Gazette from 1917 to 1973.
- RCMP Obituary Index – is an index of names, regiment number, rank, volume number, as well as the source for the obituary from 1933-1989.
- NW Rebellion War Claims Index – provides the names of those who requested compensation as a result of the 1885 NW Rebellion. Each name is linked to the entry regarding the request.
|SGS Indexes||Membership Benefits|
|SRI – name and location||SRI – name, location, source information|
|Burial Index – name, age and location||Burial Index – name, spouse, parents, location, cemetery name, Rural Municipality, headstone information and photo when available.|
|Obituary Index – name and location||Obituary Index – name, spouse’s name, parents’ names, age, date of birth, date of death, date of burial, location, other family, children.|
|Cummins Maps – index of maps||Cummins Maps (digitized) – index of maps, map image.|
|Saskatchewan Change of Name Index||Saskatchewan Change of Name Index|
|RCMP Obituary Index – name||RCMP Obituary Index – name, regiment number, rank, volume number.|
|NW Rebellion War Claims Index – name||NW Rebellion War Claims Index – name and link to document.|